Wednesday, September 17, 2008

All eyes on Cumberland Colchester Musquodoboit Valley

This morning's official opening of the Truro office was a big success with a large turn-out of supporters. Thanks to everyone who came out to say hello! Your support means a lot to me and the election team.

As the campaign unfolds, the media attention on Cumberland Colchester Musquodoboit Valley has continued. CPAC was in town and I gave them a little tour of Truro. It was a fun opportunity to meet people on the street, many of whom showed their support for my re-election campaign.

Yesterday I did a radio interview with Tom Young on News 88.9 which airs all over the Maritimes. I also got a stint in front of the CPAC cameras for an interview which was aired nationally.

All this attention shows the focus that is on this riding because of the unique situation here. Although many candidates may run as an Independent, very few do it after being ejected from the caucus of a political party. I expect that the media attention will continue up to and even after the votes are counted.

Don't forget the grand opening of the campaign office in Amherst tomorrow night at 7 p.m. I hope to see you there!

No comments: