Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Welcome to my Election 2008 Campaign blog

Election 2008 promises to be the fight of my life. It is my first as an Independent candidate and it is the first where I have to re-building my funding from scratch. Funds are short as an Independent and if you can make a financial contribution I would appreciate anything you can share.

You can make your cheques payable to:

Official Agent for Bill Casey
P.O. Box 444
Amherst
Nova Scotia B4H 3Z5

So far I have had lots of fantasic support which is very encouraging. Besides the many, many kind words from constituents, I was thrilled that Elizabeth May, leader of the Green Pary, has endorsed my re-election in Cumberland Colchester Musquodoboit Valley by declaring that she will not run a candidate to oppose me in the riding.

Despite accusations by the Liberal candidate that I am not a "green" politician, I am very proud to be the only Member of Parliament to receive the "Political Will" award from the Nova Scotia Environmental Network, an organization that represents over 50 environmental organizations in Nova Scotia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crossing the floor to the Greens Bill??

Anonymous said...

No, its called "independent" that means NO PARTY in case ya didn't know. The only true representation left in this country and Mr. Casey is wise enough to realize it. Good for you Bill! I am running also as Independent in my electoral district here in Ontario. Its catching on Canada-wide.
Visit: coic.ca or independent candidates.ca