Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The environment not politics

I was so pleased when four former Prime Ministers, Joe Clark, Kim Campbell, John Turner and Paul Martin came forward and publicly demanded that the political parties in this campaign make a strong stand for cleaning up our environment and stop playing politics with the issue.

I added my support to this effort with a press release yesterday. You can read it on my official website at http://www.billcasey.ca/

The United Nations Report on Climate Change has identified Nova Scotia as being one of the most vulnerable to rising sea levels in North America. Rising sea levels are a direct result of climate change. It is because of this that I feel it is so important that we pay attention to how this will affect us here along the Upper Bay of Fundy.

Our dyke system was built long before the sea levels have reached the point they have today. We are already seeing damage from higher tides to this dyke system. A rising sea level is a cause for concern and it is an issue that I will continue to pursue.

No comments: